Sunday, July 1, 2012

Now, now, work serious thoughts on baneful plots

'Tis Pity has been a hell of a ride. I was very worried at one point, because Giovanni operates at a very high emotional state throughout this play. The stakes are enormous for him. I was really concerned that, because of that, I'd deliver a performance that lacked variety. But, by the time we opened, I realized there were several scenes that showed another side of him. The morning after scene, the "view well her face" speech, and "busy opinion is an idle fool" all allow opportunities to show a calmer, tender side. Nevertheless, it's a very demanding role.

The process of working on this show has been fantastic. I am so grateful to have been given this opportunity. The cast and crew are top notch. I'm honored to be part of this show, and I only hope I can live up to the work they're doing.

This weekend, I got my acceptance to grad school, where I'll be studying Theatre History and Dramatic Criticism. And Doctor Faustus and Coriolanus are on the horizon. Finally, I'm hoping to get my own theatre company up and running early next year. More on that later, after the venue is locked up.

It's been an amazing theatre year for me.

1 comment:

  1. Kevin, congratulations on the acceptance. Hoping that you won't be too far away for Austin theatre devotees to see you at least from time to time. Regards --
    Michael

    ReplyDelete